Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement applies to collection, use, and disclosure of personal information through all of the sites, products, services and developer modules offered.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the activities of our customers that use our services to collect information from their end users. Each of Customers are responsible for establishing their own privacy statement that describes those activities.
Information we collect and how we use it
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the products you use, and the choices you make. We collect and process personal information about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our websites and services, including information you provide directly, information collected automatically, and third-party data sources:
- Information you provide – We collect information you provide to us. For example, when you sign up for an Account, we ask you for personal information such as name, email address, and other information. If you choose to create your account using a third-party platform (e.g. Google or Github), we may collect your profile information from such third-party as described in their privacy statements. If you make a purchase, we also collect credit card numbers and other payment information. We also collect information you send to us, should you choose to contact us through our customer support or related contact information. When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for certain products or features, those products or features may not be available or function correctly.
- Information collected automatically – As discussed further below under “Cookies and similar technologies”, when you visit certain sites or use certain products, some information is collected automatically. For example, when you visit our websites, our web servers automatically log your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, the website you visited before our site, and your activity on our websites.
- Third-party sources – We may obtain information from third parties. We process information obtained from third parties as described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information. These third-party sources include:
– Data sources that provide us with marketing leads or customer referrals;
– Applications and services, such as social networks, that make users’ information available to others;
– Partners with which we offer co-branded services or joint marketing activities; and
– Publicly-available sources, such as open government databases.
Cookies and similar technologies
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites, and gather usage and performance data. We also include web beacons in our email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content, or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services. These third parties may combine this information with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.